Tuesday 6 January 2015

Faustus


Strengths of the performance:

Everyone from an actors view were clear, loud and presented each line with diction and what appeared to be a clear understanding of the text.

The focus for most  of the characters was on point and most didn't lose concentration or drifted away from their character.

People that had made mistakes managed to cover them up without coming out of character or affecting the performance.

The ending of the performances were definitely the strongest parts, I felt like my own performance got more powerful and confident towards the end of my scene with Ellie.

If I had a chance to perform again I would try to represent the character I was playing in a more understanding way for the audience, I could do this by editing small parts of the script or leaving bigger pauses between lines and certainly a stronger voice towards the diction of the words as the lines were not in common English and I find it hard enough verbally performing common English lines as it is let alone Faustus lines and words.

Weaknesses of the performance:

A few actors forgot their lines and fell out of character slightly before recovering and saving the performance.


Next time:

Learning lines was almost a last minute thing, for me I could've learn the lines a week or so before I actually did so I could focus more on my performance rather then what my next line in whilst performing.


For me I think I could've used my space a little more efficiently or used the staging in some way, for example coming off and on it in more of my character than neutral.


02/10/2014



Performance review for Ellie and I's performance together - Faustus



Joshua and Ellie:
3 Strengths to my performance:
-Loud enough for everyone in the theatre to hear
-Stayed in character in entire time
-Strong understanding of lines



Negative things:
-Voice levels changed throughout performance

No comments:

Post a Comment