Tuesday 6 January 2015

Electra Rehearsals

The first rehearsal was simply reading through the Electra script with the class, this was quite a difficult task to understand the story as many of the lines contained words I was not familiar with due to not being modern English.

Normally, I understand the story more whilst learning my lines, so the first rehearsal lesson wasn't as beneficial as it was for the rest of the class.

The blocking rehearsal on the 21 October 2014 helped me get a clearer understanding of where I should be, can be and helps me also develop more ideas as to how I could change my piece to make it better.

Another way blocking helped me for my final performance was each movement and use of space held almost like a mental note in my mind with my lines written on so the blocking not only helped me grasp a greater understanding of my positioning but also massively helped me to remember my lines.

The next few rehearsals I gained a stronger understanding of the script and my character. Although I had less lines compared to everyone else the character I got knighted with was out of my norm from my usual acting strength areas because he was more of a powerful, mean almost character which the audience had to dislike greatly, or in some cases relate with, so my rehearsal process for him was at times confusing but I enjoyed the challenge of creating the character as I saw him.

A few areas of weakness when learning my character's line were pronunciation of my words including the simply work 'hath' which I found great difficulty saying correctly amongst other words.

Character development was long and at time tedious, as he had such a small part in the script but a massive impact on the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment