Thursday 14 May 2015

Initial Ideas and thoughts into the narrative

Introduction to the script unit

Different story plots I could look in to:

1. School kids and their lives
2. Story based around a girl waiting for someone in hospital
3. A teacher with alcoholic issues, child helps her through it

I thought carefully through these three initial ideas before coming to a conclusion on idea 2 as I thought it was the most suitable for a stage production as the others were too cliché or too film like.

Where is your story going to be set?

Modern day

How long will your script run for?

I plan on making it non-linear with flashbacks but the present day will take place over several hours.

What structure is the narrative going to be in?

I plan on including flashbacks into my script making the narrative structure linear with short scenes and in a format like ‘Present, past, present, past, present, past, present’.

Where is your play going to be set?

My play is going to be mainly set in a hospital waiting room.

What key plots are going to happen in your story?

The protagonist has three flashbacks into the worst pasts of her past:
Her dog getting hit by a car
Her auntie having alcoholic issues
Her best friend trying to kill her
Her issues with her Dad being ‘resolved’
What are going to be the main themes and issues in your story?

Family and relationship issues

Who is telling the story?

The viewpoint of the story is through the eyes of the protagonist ‘Fiona’.

Who is in your story?
Fiona (The protagonist)
Brain (Fiona’s father)
Auntie Gina (Fiona’s auntie)
Doctor Albert (The doctor looking after auntie Gina)
Young Fiona
George
Uncle Thomas

Why’re you writing this story?

I wanted to write a challenging script, although the experiences addressed in the play are not anything I have ever came close to experiencing through research and comments about the issues I wrote about I believe I gave a pretty good interruption of the situations.

First draft of the structure of the narrative

The first scene will introduce Fiona as a main character and also create enigma for the audience as to the type of relationship she has with her father and why that is. This will also address the overview situation the story is based around; that Auntie Gina is in hospital and Fiona is waiting for her.

Why're you basing it on this theme?

I feel this theme is very sensitive and will therefore impact the audience greater, also the experiences in my script would be quite the challenge to write confidently.

No comments:

Post a Comment